The Days of Procrastination are Soon to End

I am a top-notch procrastinator, no extra training required, I am certified, fully qualified, up there amongst the best. As a result things tend to take a while to come to fruition, unless there's a deadline. Deadlines I like, they do not afford me time to procrastinate. Well that's not exactly true, a deadline allows me a certain period of procrastination but when I know that the time has come for me to complete the task in hand, to meet that deadline, I stop procrastinating and get on with it.



That whole first paragraph has been a case in point. Instead of just telling you that I am going to participate in  NaNoWriMo I've waffled on. Yep, I'm going to write a novel in a month. 50,000 words in 30 days to make one (relatively) healthy looking novel. The reason for using National Novel Writing Month is that the novel that I have planned has been taking time to come to fruition. I have not written a word of it. I've written lots of stuff about writing it, but not one word of the actual novel. I need a deadline. As luck would have it November is around the corner. Perfect. I can finish the planning in October and on the 1st November (All Saints' Day - I might offer up a prayer or 30) I shall pick up my pen, open the laptop, and write.

NaNoWriMo is a perfect deadline; achievable with a little room for manoeuvre but not too much. 2000 words a day, give or take, is very do-able and if I do have a'duvet day' it can be made up without too much problem. Roll on November and let the writing begin in earnest.


Comments

Popular Posts